1. When should you contact a coach?
Now is the time. College Coaches are more likely to reach out and view your profile if you have video as well. It’s never too early. Look into prospect days at your favorite Colleges and Universities and get there!
2. Should my daughter take the ACT/SATs earlier? ie, this coming May or is it fine to wait to take them as usual in her Junior year.
It definitely does not hurt to take the ACTs/SATs early. Previously, colleges saw how many times you took the tests and what each of your scores were. However, now you may take the ACT/SATs as many times as you want and choose which score the colleges see. As with everything, the more practice, the better.
3. Should my daughter send a separate email to each College/University or can she do multiple schools/recipients in one email?
Your daughter will need to send a separate email to each College/University Coach. First by the nature of the ConnectLAX messaging system and second, because she can then personalize each email to the individual program.
4. Is there a stock/guideline email/verbiage that my daughter should send or just make up her own few sentences?
Here are two links that may help your daughter further:
5. Should you begin uploading videos of your daughter at practice/training sessions or do coaches prefer game video? Is amateur video acceptable or is it preferable to pay a professional? How much content should be uploaded?
It never hurts to have a multitude of video types on your daughters profile, however, ConnectLAX has determined that College coaches will only watch about three minutes of film. Keeping that in mind, a highlight reel is preferable. When you get game footage at one of the tournaments or showcases you plan on attending, you can make your own, See this link on building your highlight reel through ConnectLAX. As we discussed, the highlight reel is super important as it’s what draws the most of the coaches attention. ConnectLAX builds each player one professional highlight video and they do all the editing for you!